Saturday, September 5, 2009

No, he's like ME

Parents spend a good deal of time trying to find the ways in which their children are like them or the other parent.  I think it's got something to do with immortality - hoping that we will live on in our children.

This week, BOTH of my boys had birthdays.  They're five years and one week apart which means that we just concentrate the birthday pain into one week per year. 

The older one had some friends for pizza and a movie.  When we went to the grocery store to get a cake, they didn't really have what he wanted.  After five minutes of wandering in the bakery section, I told him that we could go somewhere else to find what we had come for.  He said, "nah, let's just get something. It's easier."  OMG, that is so me!  (For the record, he picked some cookies that were really, really bad.)

The younger one is having some friends go to laser tag and play video games.  He's been talking about the cake for days - what kind of cake, the shape of the cake, what's on top of the cake, what kind of icing on the cake.  Every.  Detail.  He wants Daddy to make him a cake [like he's done in the past], but when I pull out a cake mix, he tells me that he doesn't want a cake MIX, he wants one from scratch and he wants MnM's on top in the shape of his initial.  OMG, that is so my husband!

I am an easy-going, go-with-the-flow gal married to a foodie.  We will live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment